living the life. enjoying the journey

Back in January Carter's photography and visual art submissions for the a PTA art program advanced to the state level for grades K-2nd.  We just recieved word that his photography submission placed in the top 3 for the state!!!  We are so proud of him!!  The theme was "Beauty is...."

This is a picture of the hooks where he hangs his coat at school.  His artist statement was, "This is my class, this is where I belong. (beauty is belonging)"
Here are a few others that Carter took that I LOVE:

His perspective is very interesting to me.   Maybe all Kindergarteners see the world this way?  I just love the way he captures it in the camera.
  Since I am on the brag endlessly about my kid post, I wanted to add this one.

This is a school project he did in January:
It says, "If I were President I would.....make healthy food for free.  Make sad kids have a house."
When I asked him about it he said it is about the kids in Ethiopia.  He wants to get them healthy food to eat for those that are hungry and give the children on the streets of Ethiopia a home.
Did I say I LOVE this kid?


This entry was posted on 3/13/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: