living the life. enjoying the journey

My friend Dee let me have some of her Kinky Curly Curling Custard (KCCC) to try out before I "invested" in it myself.  {DEE YOU ROCK BTW}  Well, I loved it at first but it didn't weigh Wuby's hair down as much as i would have liked!!!  KCCC is a curl definer, it prevents massive shrinkage during drying and leave nice moisturized curls when it air dries. Today I co-washed (washed with conditioner) Wuby & Sifan's hair and brushed the conditioner through. Rinsed the hair and lightly wrung it out.  Then I added the KCCC and brushed it through root to tip.  Then let it air dry.  This is what Wuby's hair looked like 3 hours later (mostly dry).





I missed most of the top of her hair so I rewet with a detangling spray and brushed more KCCC through those parts.  The final result still had a lot more shrinkage than I liked. However, her curls were well defined with minimal frizz.  I like KCCC but Wuby feels 'weird" wearing it this way after wearing it in 1 or 2 ponytails for most of the last year.  I isn't the wonder cream I was hoping for but it does help to have another hairstyle under our belts that is easy and fast without damaging the hair by pulling, heat, or chemicals


Sifan has been begging for "shakies" but we have been too busy and her hair is still rather short.  So for her birthday that is coming up on Thursday we did her first box twists with beads.  She sat very still and watched TV for the first hour and a half.  then she played computer for another hour and a half while I work.  Wuby was a great help in stringing our beaders.  







This entry was posted on 4/27/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    4evamom said...

    Their hair looks great. By the way I LOVE KCCC. I use it on my own hair.

  1. ... on April 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM